The Gloucester Rugby Football Community Heritage Project is a partnership between Gloucester Rugby, Gloucestershire Archives and the Friends of Gloucestershire Archives. The project aims to capture, preserve, celebrate and share Gloucester’s rugby heritage, revealing its impact and importance for the City and the County.
Using this rich source of material as a platform, the project has created The Learning Zone – which boasts a wealth of FREE lesson plans and teaching materials. Developed by teachers for teachers, the lesson plans include extension activities and cross-curricular learning that fully supports the following National Curriculum areas:
- Primary (Key Stage 2): Maths, English, History, Geography, Citizenship, Art & Design.
- Secondary (Key Stages 3 & 4): Maths, English, Humanities, ICT, Sport, Art, Dance and Music.
- Using the flexible teaching resource we aim to inspire learning through the theme of rugby. With Gloucester’s rich rugby heritage as the platform, curriculum-linked educational activities offer an innovative approach to learning and open up young people’s imaginations through new experiences and stimuli.
- Cost: We have a limited number of FREE taught sessions available. These can be 1/2day or full day visits to Kingsholm, (some assistance with transport to and from Kingsholm is also available). Alternatively, sessions can be delivered at school venues. Normal fee is £5 per student per session.
- Location: Kingsholm Stadium
- Maximum numbers: 30
- Age range: Key Stage 2,3,4